As you know Microsoft Imagine Cup is held every year, as per that registrations for Imagine Cup 2020 has been started.
Imagine Cup is a Global Technology competition that empowers students to compete and create applications that shape how we live, work, and play.
Teams from around the world compete for the chance to show their work, knowledge, and creativity for winning free travel, mentorship from Microsoft experts, priceless networking opportunities, and other great prizes.
Steps you need to follow to enter the Imagine Cup 2020:
1. Register here.
2. Form a team of one to three students.
3. Come up with a project idea.
4. Use Azure for students to build your concept.
5. Submit your project to the online semi-final by the date listed for your region:
|Region||Online Submission||Finalists Announced||Regional Final|
|Asia||December 1, 2019||January 3, 2020||February 19-21 in Singapore|
|EMEA||December 15, 2019||December 15, 2019||March 10-12 in Amsterdam|
|Americas||January 15, 2020||February 15, 2020||March 29-31 in Mexico City|
Prize money for this year
Prize money for this year, the top teams from the online regional semi-finals will advance to the in-person Regional Final. The two top teams from each regional final will travel to the Imagine Cup World Championship in Seattle, Date (TBD), for getting a chance to win USD 100,000 cash, USD 50,000 in Azure credit, and get a mentoring session with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. For more details visit official competition rules here.
Why you should Register for the Imagine Cup 2020 ?
- Shape our world
- You can get help from mentors and network with industry pros
- You win travel opportunities and prizes
- Enhance your technological portfolio
- You get a chance to meet new friends
- It’s a chance to develop a business framework to advance your career
Top 3 teams from Imagine Cup World Championship 2019:
- Team EasyGlucose, United States: Imagine Cup World Champion 2019
Easyglucose is a cloud-powered, non-invasive, and cost-effective method of blood glucose monitoring for diabetic patients. A deep learning Computer vision framework using convolutional neural networks developed with Azure virtual Machines Analyzes iris morphological variation in an eye image to predict a patient’s blood glucose level.
- Team Caeli, India: 2nd place
Team Caeli design a smart automated anti-pollution and drug delivery mask specifically designed for asthmatic and chronic respiratory patients. It implements breakthrough features for respiratory patients living in polluted areas.
- Team Finderr, United Kingdom: 3rd place
The team won the Azure Champ Challenge at OxfordHack, which inspired them to submit their project to the Imagine Cup. Team Finderr created an app solution that uses Cognitive Services and Virtual Machines to help make finding lost objects accessible to visually impaired individuals through their phones.